Chartway Group is a Kent-based development and construction group providing services to deliver improved communities and environments.
Chartway Construction provides a complete design and build service for delivering quality homes people want to live in, regardless of the scale or complexity of the project.
Westerhill Homes is a private market brand with a single mission – to deliver quality housing developments in Kent, homes that people are proud to call home.
Westerhill In Partnership specialises in land aquisition, planning, full project management and sales on large joint venture residential schemes
Your new home warranty
For the first two years after legal completion, Westerhill provides a two year warranty to cover any defects to your new home caused by faulty workmanship or materials.
The warranty covers items supplied as part of your new home, and covers defects caused by faulty workmanship and/or materials. It is not affected if you sell or let your home, as when you sell your home whilst it is still in warranty, the cover is automatically transferred to the new owners.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights – some manufacturers also offer warranties over and above the initial Westerhill two-year warranty. For these, contact the manufacturers own customer service departments for more information.
Any alteration or extension you make to your new home following legal completion may adversely affect all, or part of, your two-year warranty. We do not protect you against every problem that may occur and you have a responsibility to carry out maintenance on your new home. Several limitations and conditions apply.
- Problems with any workmanship, materials or appliances that you have bought or added to the property
- Damage caused by storms or accidentally, by negligence, abuse or poor maintenance of the property or appliances
- If blockages in pipes caused by inappropriate disposals of waste, this may be charged
- Any cosmetic defects such as scratches, chips or marks that have not been reported to a member of the Westerhill team within seven days of legal completion. This includes decoration to woodwork, walls and ceilings, flooring, tiling, kitchen units and work surfaces, bedroom and bathroom furniture, sinks, sanitary ware, appliances, glass and other similar items. Outside of this time frame it would be difficult to prove how the damage was caused
- Any problems caused by natural shrinkage or condensation
- Any inconvenience, distress or consequential loss of enjoyment, use business or income caused by remedial works, assuming all reasonable steps have been taken to minimise disruption
- Gas Fire
- Immersion heater and hot water cylinder
- Mastic seals
- Shower heads
- Door and Window locks
- Security alarms
- Outside taps
- Garage doors
- Leaking guttering
- Fences and gates
- Turf and soft landscaping
- Fences and gates
- Roof tiles
- Cosmetic damage to white goods/electrical appliances
- Cosmetic damage to kitchen units, worktops and sinks
- Cosmetic damage to sanitary ware, shower cubicles, trays and doors
- Cosmetic damage to ceramic wall tiling
- Cosmetic damage to all floor coverings
- Cosmetic damage to decorations, walls, ceilings, doors and woodwork
- Cosmetic damage to any fitted furniture e.g. wardrobes, fireplaces, bathroom furniture
- Cosmetic damage to sockets and switches
- Damage or scratches to glass
- TV aerial reception
- Normal shrinkage and condensation that can be reasonably expected during the drying out process
- Blockages in pipes due to inappropriate disposal of waste
- Pest infestation
- Garden landscaping and turf
- Wear and tear throughout the home
- Neglect and failure to maintain
- Damage caused by neglect and failure to follow operating instructions
- Your own alterations
- Wilful damage
Your new home is covered by a ten-year warranty provided by Premier Guarantee. The policy provides complete cover for new home buyers for the first two years after legal completion, plus a further eight years’ protection against structural failure or core issues.